Royal treatment for your business-to-business freight
When your business-to-business shipments pose unique challenges, our highly trained Special Services personnel are at their best. Whether it’s moving extremely heavy machinery, sensitive medical diagnostic equipment or in-store displays requiring off-hours delivery and setup – Pilot Freight Services delivers. Our detailed preparation, constant communication and time flexibility enable us to provide customized transportation and logistics solutions that integrate seamlessly into your operations.
Special Services Features and Benefits
- Expedited to deferred transportation
- Date/time-specific service
- Special handling, manpower and equipment
- Inside delivery includes unpacking, inspection, placement and debris removal/discard
- Minor setup/assembly and technician assistance
- Asset recovery services including pickup, inspection, repacking and return
- Temporary storage/redeployment
- Customized “Standard Operating Procedures” and checklist sign-off
- 24/7 Special Services Operations/Customer Service at 1-800-HI-PILOT
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) certified
- Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) certified
For more information about how our business-to-business experts can customize a move that meets your exact requirements, please call 1-800-HI-PILOT today.
A complete range of time-definite shipping services
For your large business shipments, Pilot offers a range of transportation options including customized schedules, expedited or deferred transit with time-specific pickup or delivery as required.
- First Flight Service — priority boarding on the first available flight
- Next Day AM/PM Service — for urgent shipments with delivery by noon or 5:00 PM the next day
- 2 Day Service — delivery the second business day by 5:00 PM
- 3 Day Service — delivery the third business day by 5:00 PM
- Economy Service — delivery no later than the fifth business day by 5:00 PM with considerable cost savings
Customized Standard Operating Procedures
Specifications for each customer’s unique delivery needs
Our team works with each customer’s requirements to specify delivery instructions. The resulting standard operating procedures generally include:
- Background and scope
- Key contacts and escalation
- Shipment profile and handling procedures
- Key location responsibilities, including service and communication requirements
Technology and customer service keep you connected
From technology to the human touch, Pilot keeps you connected to your shipments.
- Using CoPilot®, our online shipping navigator at pilotdelivers.com, you can monitor every shipment’s movement 24/7. CoPilot also gives you quick and accurate quotes. It lets you book, ship and track anything worldwide and receive proof of deliveries, instant email alerts, customized reports and more.
- EDI – Electronic Data Interchange provides electronic shipment upload with automatic status reports, plus invoicing and payment. Real-time tracking via API is also available to our customers.
- Knowledgeable customer service professionals at the local level, backed 24/7 by a National Customer Service support team at 1-800-HI-PILOT